Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Feet and Cereal Success!!

Well, after weeks of trying we finally have success with the cereal!! Yay!! The first couple of days I just gave it to him in the morning in between his first two feedings, and then I started giving it to him twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. The first night I gave it to him he slept for 9 HOURS!!! 9 pm until 6 am. Needless to say he will be getting cereal in the evening from now on!! I was so excited when he actually ate it, but now it makes me kinda sad... just one more step towards a big boy ;-(. They really do grow up too fast!
Another new thing he has started doing is scooting on his back, and lifting his feet. When I put him on the floor to play with his little activity center he will bat at the hanging toys for a while, and then when he gets board with that he scoots himself back so he can kick at them with his feet... it is so cute. The other day I watched him scoot himself half way across the floor on his back. I am just afraid he is going to get rug burn on the back of his head, silly kid!
Yesterday we also went to the Pediatric Cardiologist because his Pediatrician was a little concerned because his respiration rate continued to be a little fast. They checked him all out, did an EKG, and an echocardiogram to look at his heart. He did so well, and the doctor said that everything looked perfect and that there is no need for us to come back!! Good news! Also, the doctor said that he is a "perfect example of a healthy breast fed baby". Yeah, a 22 POUND healthy breast fed baby!!! I could not believe it when they weighed him! I guess that is why my arms and shoulders are sore all the time!







2 comments:

Jerome, Laura, Peyton and Max said...

Girl you have babies like I like them! Fat! I had me some big babies and I personally think they're the bestest. :) He is so adorable. Getting so big. I'm so happy for you guys!

Kim said...

22 pounds!? Wow. =)