Friday, April 3, 2009

Five Months!


Yummy fingers

Laughing at me singing to him

Cute smiles

Hey Mom


We are almost at the 6 month mark, half a year, I can't believe it!!! Feeling blessed everyday! Not too much to update on since I filled everyone in after his appointment last week. I looked over his calendar for March and some of the highlights for this months were: he swang in the swing at the playground for the first time, sat up in the bumbo seat, sat in the exersaucer, started blowing bubbles with his mouth, tried rice cereal, and started reaching for toys!! I can't believe how fast they turn from a helpless little baby into a "real" little person, it is so fun to watch him grow and learn new things everyday! Oh, a little update on the bottle front. Liam was to the point where he was refusing a bottle so much that last weekend when I left him with my mom so I could go consignment shopping with a friend she had to actually feed him with a medicine dropper! Ridiculous, I know! Well, after trying MANY different bottles my friend Ali came to the rescue with a NUK bottle. He actually drank almost 4oz. out of the bottle for me yesterday with minimal screaming! Yay!! Baby steps. I am going to try at least one feeding a day with the bottle just to get him used to it again. I refuse to have a child who nurses until he is a toddler. It is funny the parenting ideals you have in your mind before your child is actually born. I think the first lesson every parent learns is to never say my child will never... fill in the blank... because the moment you say that, you will forever be eating your words! So, maybe Liam will nurse until he is three... wouldn't that be wonderful! **please note the sarcasm** Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!

4 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

love those pics, he is growing so fast!

EmilyMarieKirk said...

oh my goodness...i see so much of nick's facial expressions in liam. cute! cute! cute!

Kim said...

Yikes. Sorry about the feeding.

Matt and Kim said...

He looks so much like Nick! The pictures are great! He is growing up so fast!