Thursday, December 11, 2008

Best Mom EVER!!


Let me tell you, I have some shoes to fill. If ever there was a woman to set a good example of a mother it would be mine. Now that I am a mom it is so weird, I see my mom in a whole new way. I think ahead and wonder if I am going to be to Liam what my mom is and has been to me. Once you become a mother, you are a mother forever. I am 27 years old and I am still someone's child. I look at my sleeping baby and think, there is nothing I would not do for him, now and forever. Now I understand. I am still someone's sleeping baby. My mom still looks at me and feels that same way towards me as I do to my infant son. No matter how old I am if I am sick my mom will take care of me, if I am sad she will comfort me, if I am lonely she will be my company. I am someone's Mother!! What huge responsibility!! 
How blessed I am to be able to have a mother who loves me and has taught me how to be a mother. Through nothing more than being one to me. Her love and selflessness is something that I have always admired and now that I am a mom myself I am beginning to understand more where a love like that comes from. I want so much for Liam. I look at this precious little person and become overwhelmed with what a huge responsibility I have been entrusted with. I wonder why God is so good to me sometimes. Of all the things that my mom has taught me, above all she has taught me to love God. I feel that if I fail at all other things in raising my son, if I can teach him above all else to love God then I will consider myself a success as a mother. 
There are so many things I look forward to, yet so many things I fear. I can't wait for the first smile, the first laugh, the first word, the first steps, the first day of school and on we go.... Yet I fear the first cold, the first boo boo, the first spanking, the first heart break, the first of many things. I pray that I am able to handle to good with the bad and teach Liam life lessons when good things come his way, and life lessons when bad things come as well. 
As I embark on this journey called motherhood I must say that I have a good example to follow and good shoulder to lean on. I have been blessed beyond measure and I pray that I will never take a single moment for grated that I have to mother my child. One day he too will be grown and he will be someone's father and I hope he will want to look for a woman that will be as good as a mother to his children as I hope to be to him. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

That was so sweet. I'm so moved. I hope she reads this.