Monday, December 1, 2008

What a day!

 Liam came home from the hospital  two weeks ago today after spending two weeks in the NICU... What a blessing! Since his arrival home however I have not been out of the house except to take him to the doctor. So, I was planning on getting out today. Not that I was going to do much except go to the bank and have lunch with my husband, but I was looking forward to it like it was Disney World!! If you have ever had a new baby you know that everything takes much longer than anticipated. So, I get Liam and I ready which is a least a two hour process... and finally we are in the car buckled up and ready to go! I turn the key... and... nothing... the car won't start!! Are the freakin' kidding me!! After all of this and the car won't start. So, of corse I do the logical thing....CRY! I call Nick and he calms me down and convinces me to ask the neighbor to help me jump the car. Well, since the car is in the garage I figure I will back it out before I go ask the neighbor for help... just put it in neutral and use my foot to push it backwards while I remain in the drivers seat... this will work right?!... sort of... I quickly learned that the car will not fit out of the garage with the door open. The car door was now lodged into the wall of the garage, the car half way out of the garage and my sleeping baby in the back seat. So, what do I do now... CRY...right! So then I have to call Nick again and he has to come home and see how stupid I really am! He does however fix the situation, and I do get to go to Wal-Mart to get a new battery for the car. So, in the end I guess I did get what I wanted... I got out of the house ;)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I know it was upsetting, but it really is hilarious! I'm sorry your first day out didn't go as planned. =)